Have you ever considered decorating a room based on inspiration from something other than a photo of an entire room? It’s a fantastic way to come up with unexpected ideas that will make the rooms in your home unique and innovative. For example, take a look at the photo below. It’s just a bench, table, and bouquet. So, your first inclination might be to mimic it in a breakfast nook and call it a day. Instead, we suggest using it as a reference for color and accessory selection in any room in your house!
For purposes of this post we’ll focus on using it to achieve a delicate yet vibrant color scheme. As well as an ultra feminine and floral environment with some spunk! To do so we are going to break the elements of the room down in sections because it’s often easier to understand them that way. If you happen to be a novice, this approach will make learning our design a breeze! Just read the bullet points for each aspect of the décor and extract what works best for your personal vision.
The color pallet: Aqua, Spunky Rose Pink, Grape, Ballet Pink
What themes within the color scheme set the tone?
- Pink – Love
- Grape – Elegance
- Aqua – Tranquility
What makes it spunky?
- The fun colored stripes on the seat cushion.
What makes the colors work well together?
- They are all soft and equally vibrant
- Green and red are complementary, and pink and aqua are derivatives of those colors so they are also complementary.
- The purple also hints at a Triadic color scheme. This is three colors on the color wheel that coordinate nicely because they equally spaced apart on the wheel.
What makes it ultra feminine?
- A ‘soft focus’ aura, nothing is overly stark.
- A bouquet of flowers traditionally gifted to ladies on special occasions, which includes a spray a few dainty varieties.
- Predominantly pink.
Trackback from your site.