All homeowners want to keep their floors in pristine condition. Whether we are trying to preserve that beautiful shine on wanting to keep our carpets plush and free of dirt, there has to be regular maintenance and cleaning involved if you want to keep those floors looking their absolute best. Here are 5 tips that will help you in creating a regular maintenance schedule for your flooring.
1. If you have vinyl flooring, do not place rubber-backed, latex-backed, or cocofiber mats on the floor because they will stain or damage the surface.
2. Sweep or vacuum (without a beater-bar) your ceramic floor tiles, then use a damp mop.
3. Use door mats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, grit, and other substances such as oil, and driveway sealer from being tracked onto the floor.
4. For hardwood floors, only use quality area rugs inside entryways to prevent dirt and moisture from being tracked onto the floor.
5. If there is an intense amount of sunlight that will be hitting the floor, close you blinds or curtains during peak sunlight hours.
Are you interested in new flooring for your St. Louis home? Contact Ambassador Flooring Company at 636-728-1600.
Photo Credit: diylife.com
Trackback from your site.