It can be a little over whelming when selecting flooring for your kitchen, there are so many choices, hardwood, tile, laminate, cork and so on. The other day we found a great questionnaire from Kitchens.com that will help you focus your selection process.
- What is under my current flooring? How will this material affect the choice of my new flooring? Is there asbestos that will need to be removed?
- What flooring option feels the best under my feet?
- Do I want to use the opportunity of getting a new floor to level off its height if I now have to step up or down to enter the kitchen?
- Would I like to install a radiant-heat system under my new floor?
- Do I prefer a consistent color or one that’s broken up by granules or veins or that’s patterned?
- Do I need to consider the safety of children or elderly family members who may be coming through or using the kitchen?
- Do I want to place a priority on being able to quickly clean up spills without worrying about stains or water damage?
- Do I prefer natural or manmade materials?
Trackback from your site.