For the animal lovers of the world, a little extra effort, and maybe even some wear and tear on the house, is a small price to pay for the unconditional love and loyalty pets bring to our lives. With that said, you still want your home to look nice, no matter how much you love Fido.
Dogs and cats can wreak havoc on both hard and soft flooring options, from the dirt and stains they may leave behind on carpet to the almost inevitable scratches their claws leave on wood floors. Fortunately, there are many new options in durable, attractive flooring, so you can get the look you want for your St. Louis home and enjoy the company of furry family members.
Take a look at this list of pet-friendly flooring options from the Do It Yourself website, and contact Ambassador Floor Company to help beautify and pet-proof the floors in your home!
- Carpet– Choose non-loop polypropylene and polyester fibers. This kind of carpeting is easier to clean, as long as you take care of it promptly. Looped carpet fibers can get caught on a pet’s claws, pulling out the yarn and causing permanent damage.
- Laminate– This kind of engineered wood flooring is extremely tough and durable if you invest in a high-quality option. However, Scratches cannot be sanded out like regular wood floors, so if the floor is damaged, it will have to be replaced.
- Hardwood– The upside of this flooring material is that it can be refinished, and you can even have a particular spot done without having the whole house re-finished. If you do opt for hardwood, make sure the floor is finished with 3 coats of oil-based urethane finish in a satin sheen, for maximum protection.
- Bamboo– A fabulous choice for pet-owners, bamboo is eco-friendly, extremely durable, naturally stain-resistant, and affordable.
- Luxury vinyl– This type of product is moisture-resistant, making for easy mess cleanup, easy to care for, hard to scratch, and has the added bonus of quieting the click-clack of your pet’s nails.
photo by Colin Davis
Trackback from your site.