If you are looking to bring drama into your home, start with the flooring. Dark hardwood floors are perfect for sophisticated homes that have elegant home interiors. It is a good design practice to pair dark floors with light furnishings if you prefer a more modern look also. Dark floors also work well in rooms that have plenty of light colored interiors.
Take a look at a few advantages and disadvantages of dark hardwood flooring.
- Walnut and medium dark woods hide dirt well.
- Dark stains enhances a wood’s grain.
- They absorb light and aren’t susceptible to fading.
- Dark hardwood flooring provides the look of luxury.
- Certain dark hardwoods like maple, do not take stains well.
- Pet hair and dust will be more visible.
- Scratches will show more on dark hardwood floors
If you are interested in dark hardwood floors for your St. Louis home, stop by Ambassador Floor Company in Chesterfield.
Photo Credit: traditionalhome.com