Decorating around a theme is often the best way to create a room that is impressive. It provides an easy way to ensure that the room is ‘pulled together’ by way of a common thread. It also helps with decisions such as color selection, accessorizing, and furnishings. Rather than ponder whether or not to buy that amazing couch you just found, you can quickly and confidently say ‘yay or nay.’ Either it works with the theme or it doesn’t!
To make it even easier we are offering our guidelines in short and succinct bulleted lists. We’ve found that when working theme it’s more effective to pick and choose possibilities a la carte. Otherwise you risk ‘overdoing it’ with the theme and end up with a room that might look it belongs in a theme park. Less is more. Lastly, when going about it this way the overall project seems less daunting. Just pick what you like and work it into your plan!
In this installment of our How-To-Decorate series we are going to discuss a rustic romance theme, along the lines of the well known and loved Shabby Chic style. If you love pale hues and a feminine touch, this guide will help your create a dreamy space in your home.
- White, distressed white
- Soft light pink
- Rose pink
- Light mint green
- Small to mid size table lamps
- Highly distressed wood, especially white
- White rattan
- Mirror surface, such as a mirrored end table
- Multiple small, short bunches of roses in short vases
- Antique keys
- Up-cycled antique window frames, used to frame art from behind the panels
- Repurposed vintage luggage
- The walls
- Wall paper, micro print roses, white, pink, green
- Satin sheen, pale hues, silver, pink, white
- The floor
- Rustic wood