- Glides or floor protectors on the bottom of your furniture will prevent possible scratching or abrasions.
- It’s important to lift heavy furniture instead of dragging or pulling them.
- Use pieces of carpet face down under heavy objects when moving them across your floor.
- Spot cleaning and occasional complete cleaning of your laminate floor can be done using the manufacturer’s recommended products.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder.
- Do not use soap-based detergents or “mop-and-shine” products.
- Never flood your floor with water or cleaner.
- Do not wax or polish your laminate floor.
- Never try to refinish or sand your laminate floor.
- Durable but not indestructible, your laminate floor can be damaged by stiletto heels.
- But the good news is that the finish on your laminate floor can help protect the floor from sunlight and the typical fading you find with aging hardwood floors.
- Keep in mind that if a repair is necessary in the future, the replacement product may be a slightly different dye lot and/or texture than the initial installation.
- However, with time and usage, the repair will blend in with your original product.
- For additional care procedures please refer to the manufacturer’s care and maintenance instructions and recommendations.