- Glides or floor protectors on the bottom of your furniture will prevent possible scratching or abrasions.
- It’s important to lift heavy furniture instead of dragging or pulling them.
- Use pieces of carpet face down under heavy objects when moving them across your floor.
- Spot cleaning and occasional complete cleaning of your laminate floor can be done using the manufacturer’s recommended products.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder.
- Do not use soap-based detergents or “mop-and-shine” products.
- Never flood your floor with water or cleaner.
- Do not wax or polish your laminate floor.
- Never try to refinish or sand your laminate floor.
- Durable but not indestructible, your laminate floor can be damaged by stiletto heels.
- But the good news is that the finish on your laminate floor can help protect the floor from sunlight and the typical fading you find with aging hardwood floors.
- Keep in mind that if a repair is necessary in the future, the replacement product may be a slightly different dye lot and/or texture than the initial installation.
- However, with time and usage, the repair will blend in with your original product.
- For additional care procedures please refer to the manufacturer’s care and maintenance instructions and recommendations.
Posts Tagged ‘laminate flooring St. Louis’
When you are looking to replace the flooring in your home, consider laminate flooring. Laminate floors are very popular for a number of reasons. Laminate can basically look like any type of flooring you want – hardwood, ceramic tile, natural stone and more! The laminate floors of today are not like the ones of the past that were easy to spot.
With advanced technology, manufacturers can now create realistic visuals and textures for an elegant and quality floor. Check out some of the great reasons why laminate flooring is such a popular flooring choice:
- patterns mimic wood and natural stone
- good choice for the look without the maintenance or cost
- offers significant value
- range of colors and styles, including exotic
- durable for active lifestyles
- stain resistant, no wax or varnish
- less likely to fade in sunlight
- sold in Europe for 25+ years
- 10-20 times harder than laminate countertops
- floated rather than secured directly
- installed over a variety of subfloors
- one of the best selling floors in the US
- great impact and indentation resistance
- easy to replace, if desire
Want laminate flooring for your St. Louis area home? Ambassador Floor Company is here to help! Just give us a call at 636-728-1600.
Don’t count out laminate flooring when you are considering a home renovation or simply a new floor. This wonderful flooring option is definitely a favorite of decorators and builders. Laminate flooring provides design options in flooring in a range of prices, so you are very likely find the perfect fit for your budget. Laminate flooring is basically a multi-layered wood based floating floor system that can replicate the look of stone, hardwood, ceramic tile and other flooring options that are more expensive. Take a look at a few reasons why laminate flooring is so popular.
- Easy to install. Laminate flooring is available in planks, squares and strips. Due to special features, it is easy to install and maintain.
- Durable. Laminate flooring has four basic layers that are compressed to create on strong and resilient product.
- Affordable. Laminate flooring provides you the appearance of a more expensive floor at a fraction of the cost.
- Versatile. Your laminate flooring can look like stone, hardwood or whatever you desire.
Are you interested in laminate flooring for your St. Louis home? Contact Ambassador Flooring Company at 636-728-1600.
Want to give your home a quick makeover, but don’t have the time for a large-scale remodel at the moment? If so, transforming your bathrooms is a great option. These spaces are usually fairly small compared to other rooms, but with new flooring, a sophisticated paint color, and some new hardware, even a small bathroom can pack a big visual punch for not a lot of money.
However, bathrooms do have a few practical concerns that must be addressed when it comes to flooring. Read on for some tips from HGTV to help you choose the bathroom flooring that’s right for you.
- Ceramic tile– Classic, durable, hygienic, and versatile. Tile is easy to clean and comes in a myriad of sizes, colors, and patterns to complement any decor style.
- Laminate– Also quite durable and easy to clean, but you can achieve a wood floor look.
- Natural stone– Easy to maintain while also durable, yet unpolished varieties will need to be sealed to prevent stains.
- Carpet– This comes as a surprise to most people, but if you choose the right kind of carpet, it can be a great flooring material for a bathroom, and obviously much warmer on your feet than tile or stone. To work in a bathroom, the carpet must be water-, mildew-, and stain-resistant, and have a backing material that won’t let water seep in to the pad.
At Ambassador Floor Company, we carry a huge range of carpet, ceramic, hardwood, vinyl, marble, and granite flooring products to suit any customer’s personal style and functional needs. Visit our showroom in Chesterfield today and let us help you find the perfect flooring for your St. Louis area home!
photo via Trendir
If you are looking for a versatile flooring option that is cost effective as well as beautiful, consider laminate flooring. Laminate flooring is versatile, affordable and durable. A favorite flooring choice among builders and interior designers, laminate flooring is appropriate for homes of all styles. Quite a bit of laminate flooring’s appeal comes from the fact that it is very versatile.
If you desperately want a hardwood floor in your bathroom, you can have the look with laminate flooring. Using natural hardwood flooring products in areas like the kitchen and the bathroom would be potentially disastrous. Laminate flooring allows you to have the look and feel of hardwood floors without worrying about moisture damage. Laminate floors are strong and moisture resistant so they would be perfect for these areas, as well as the laundry room too.
Are you interested in laminate flooring for your St. Louis area home? Contact Ambassador Floor Company at 636-728-1600.