Soon you’ll be in the kitchen cooking up a fabulous holiday meal for all your guests. There will be plenty of slicing, dicing, mashing and roasting going on, so make sure you are taking the right precautions to properly care for your countertops. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Wipe down granite countertops with a damp cloth and a pH-neutral stone cleaner.
- Avoid alkaline solutions like soap, abrasive cleaners, and citrus cleaners when cleaning granite countertops.
- Steel wool will scratch most countertops.
- Only use food-grade mineral oil (except vegetable or olive oils) to prevent wood butcher block countertops from warping and drying out.
- Use coasters or a tray under cooking oil bottles. They can leave a ring mark on stone surfaces that can be difficult to remove.
- Protect your marble counter from things like: lemon, vinegar, tomato, and other acidic foods.
- Protect your countertop from hot pots and pans with a trivet because burn marks are permanent.
If you live in the St. Louis area and need professional assistance figuring out what countertop best fits your kitchen, contact Ambassador Floor Company.