When you have decided to enhance the beauty of your bedroom or home office with wood flooring , there are many way you can both protect the quality of your floor and add years to its luster and life. Here are a few tips that will help you do just that.
- Place a throw rug in front of entrances and high traffic areas where tracking is likely to occur.
- Furniture that is moved on a regular basis should have floor glides below each leg in order to prevent scratching and wear.
- It is important that you do not wax the bottom of any furniture legs and avoid cleaning products that contain wax or a soap base.
- Rubber, foam back or plastic mats can discolor hardwood floors.
- If at all possible, avoid wearing high heeled shoes on wood floors.
- In order to prevent slips, place area rugs on the floor that have approved vinyl rug underlay.
If you are in need of a new hardwood floor or furnishings for your St. Louis area home, visit Ambassador Flooring Company.